||The Gardeners of Tucson
Club Activities & Bonuses....
.... include a number of educational, charitable, social, and fun events and outings:
* Gardening From the Heart, a volunteer program offering horticultural therapy to those that need it. Horticulture therapy is simply using plants to help people of all ages feel better. Club members work with all ages and abilities, from children to the elderly in schools, group or nursing homes, and hospitals.
* Annual Plant Auction. Members and their friends bid on plants grown by members. All sorts of plants show up, from the exotic to the tried-and-true plants for home and garden.
* Garden Tours. Some are members only, some are open to the public as fund raisers, but always free to TGOT members.
* Wildflower and Harvest Tours, seasonally in spring and fall, as we get folks interested and coordinators willing.
* Garden Shows. Display plants, flowers, or fruits from your garden (or houseplants) to win monthly mini-shows towards an annual prize.
* Community Outreach, occasional programs by members at festivals and special events.
* Potluck Dinners, sporadically offered, feature garden grown dishes and more. Enjoy a multi course dinner -- and no tipping necessary!
* El Jardinero, monthly newsletter filled with fantastic tips and information on local growing. El Jardinero also features club activities, advertisements from sponsors, and news about fellow club members.
* Annual Awards Banquet, recognizing and celebrating the achievements of the previous year.